I was walking down life's highway a long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read, "HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE".
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide, And when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of ANGELS. They were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket and said, "My Child, shop with care".

Everything a human needed was in that grocery store.
And all you couldn't carry, you could come back the next day for more.

First, I got some PATIENCE. LOVE was in the same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH.
I just couldn't miss the HOLY GHOST, for it was all over the place.
I stopped to get some STRENGTH, And COURAGE to help me run this race.
By then my basket was getting full, But I remembered I needed some GRACE.
I didn't forget SALVATION, for SALVATION was free, So I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill, For I thought I had everything to do the MASTER'S will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER. And I just had to put that in, For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run into sin.
PEACE and JOY were plentiful; they were last on the shelf. SONG and PRAISE were hanging near, so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the angel, "Now, how much do I owe?"
He smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again, I smiled and said, "How much do I really owe?"
He smiled again and said, "MY CHILD, GOD PAID YOUR BILL A LONG, LONG TIME AGO."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

This place contains Information and Entertainment...